Reseller Map Policy
New Price List in effect on January 4, 2016
- Policy Statement
- General Guidelines
- Advertising Guidelines
- Bundling Guidelines
- Policy Enforcement
Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. and our dealers have enjoyed a 47 year prosperous relationship together based on mutual respect and Granatelli's strong industry branding and product lines. We do this by enabling our consumers to purchase top quality automotive products and reasonable pricing. Our customer base has become worldwide. The quality and volume of their shared Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. content, coupled with their enthusiasm for our brand, virally drives awareness and demand for our products.
Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. recognizes that our success is tied to the success of our network of select authorized dealers. We also know that many of our dealers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. We want to protect their ability to do so, while at the same time discouraging price-based advertising that would be detrimental to our dealer's service and support efforts. As a result, Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. has unilaterally established this Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy.
Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc., in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP Policy at a price lower than the MAP.
- The products covered by this policy are outlined and listed on the current Granatelli Pricing Sheet, (“MAP Pricing Column”). Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
- Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. recognizes that dealers are free to make their own decisions to advertise and sell any Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. product at any price they choose, without consulting or advising Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. Similarly, Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. will exercise its right to make its own decisions regarding the Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. Authorized Reseller Program (“GARP”), supplemental marketing materials, point-of-purchase displays, product allocation, new product availability, or future promotional, joint marketing, or sponsorship programs.
- The MAP Policy applies to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP Products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
- Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. believes in maintaining a well regulated and fair marketplace for all its authorized resellers. Please see the FAQ's for more information on the MAP policy and enforcement.
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as Internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. Products, so long as no price is listed.
- This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that:
- the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style
- an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and **after manufacturer's rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
- “Bundling” or advertising Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. products for sale together with other products will violate this MAP Policy when:
- the effective or stated price of the bundle represents a discount of greater than 15% of the MAP
- the product(s) bundled with MAP Products violate Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc.'s Intellectual Property rights
- the product(s) bundled with MAP Products violate the Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. Trademark and Brand Policy
- the product(s) bundled with MAP Products include words, packaging, graphics, or other indicia which may create customer confusion as to the source of the product(s)
- the effective or stated discount is greater than 15% of the highest priced item in the bundle
- Product(s) bundled with the MAP Products must not, without conspicuous warning, be: technically incompatible
- Rebate programs from Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc., whether on MAP Products or Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc.'s partners' products are exempt from this policy.
- If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
- Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend dealers' account if Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. reasonably believes:
- a dealer has violated the provisions of this policy
- a dealer intends to violate this policy.
- Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc.'s MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy as occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- Waivers to this MAP Policy may be granted in Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc.'s sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in writing. Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. Sales, Marketing, or otherpersonnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that the MAP Policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP Policy, dealers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. monitors the advertised prices of dealers, either directly or via the use of 3rd party agencies or tools. Dealers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. investigations regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. MAP Policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.